A Unique Shop On The Square in
Dedicated To Rug Hooking, Knitting, Fiber Arts, Primitive Decor, Gourmet Food & More!
We are located at 141 West Peace Street, “On The Square” in Historic Canton, MS, the City of
WE HAVE STARTED TRAVELING. . .PLEASE CALL OR CHECK OUR SCHEDULE BEFORE COMING TO THE SHOP!!!
When in town, we are OPEN
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
We are CLOSED
Sunday, Monday and Wednesday
To contact us directly, please call 601-859-4252 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also be sure to LIKE us on Facebook---P is for Primitive to get the latest news!
Don't miss any of our Fiber Events in various cities across the United States to learn about a particular event like Beat the Heat, Gone Hookin Greenville or to have us host an event near you, go to
So What Makes P is for Primitive Unique?
Many of our products are MADE IN USA!
Our food products, socks, soap, pottery and jewelry are
MADE IN USA!
Sterling Hooks. . .see the Sterling Collection Page!
Our Latest Long Sleeve Shirts. . .all sizes $20.00
Solmate Socks MADE IN the USA--all colors, sizes and
ankle socks $16.50 a pair!
Solmate Fingerless Gloves MADE IN the USA
$22.00 per pair!
Fingerless Gloves $20.00
We have unique gifts under $20 for Fiber People and People who LOVE fiber products!
Stonewall Kitchen Food Products MADE IN the USA
We are proud to announce we now are
Distributors for Bee-Line Townsend Cutters!!!
So what else makes P is for Primitive a Unique Store?
Well first, we have,Tucker, the Shop Cat in Training. Tucker came to us in January after being thrown out of a van in our front yard in a plastic bag. Please stop by and meet Tucker.
We have EVERYTHING for. . .
- The Rug Hooker from Sterling Silver Hooks to Floor Frames to Patterns and OVER 300 Fat Quarters of Wool at $6.50 each!
- The Knitter we have expanded our selection of yarns, we now carry Harmony Wood knitting needles, stitch holders, row counters, patterns, our $5 Yarn basket is always full and MORE!
- Oxford Punch & Russian Punch we carry the Oxford punch in many sizes as well as the Cameo Russian punch, Russian punch patterns, Lisanne's Oxford punch designs plus all the yarns and threads you need to punch!
- Penny Rug/Wool Applique we have one Wednesday a month dedicated to Penny Rugs. We carry the wool, wool thread, tons of patterns, heat and bond and more!
The P is proud to offer to the fiber lover. . .
Rug Hooking Classes, Supplies, Patterns, Dyes and Frames!
At the P, you will find everything you need to hook a rug. Lisanne
carries a wide variety and selection of the finest wools from the
United states and Europe.
In addition, you can find the perfect
hook—from beginners to Sterling Silver to Hartman to Miller pencil to
custom designed and more! We have a wide selection of frames in
different sizes plus Ron can make you one to accommodate your needs.
At the P you will find Pro Chem dyes as well as Lisanne’s custom dyed
wools. Lisanne has a complete catalog of patterns and can help you
color plan or design any rug to meet you needs!
Remember Lisanne can travel to YOU to TEACH!
Lisanne teaches rug hooking, Russian punch, Oxford punch and knitting in a friendly and warm atmosphere!
**For more information about our upcoming classes and new products. . .please check out the Shop Classes and Events Pages**
Our Gourmet Food selection is just wonderful
- Stonewall Kitchen products---Lisanne will give you recipes and suggestions to make wonderful items without a lot of fuss! Try Apple Jalapeno Jelly, Roasted Onion Garlic Jam, Peach Chutney, Whiskey Peach BBQ Sauce, Red Peppery Jelly or Real Maple Syrup!
We have EVERYTHING for
Do you have a chair that needs a rush or cane seat????
Well bring it to The P. . .Ron can put in a new fiber rush or flat reed cane seat (the flat reed cane can be done in some colors)! Below depicts some of his latest work!
- For every holiday we
have different Primitive decor you can leave out all year round!
- We have handmade Goat's Milk Soap
- We have SolMate Socks! MADE IN USA
- Antiques and Collectibles---from furniture to carnival glass